Becoming a CASP Volunteer
WE HAVE A RANGE OF VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES FOR INDIVIDUAL INTERESTED IN WORKING IN A CHILDCARE ENVIRONMENT AND HAVE SOME FREE TIME ON HAND SUCH AS: ADMIN, CHILDCARE, EVENTS ORGANISER AND FUNDRAISER
Becoming a Volunteer
CASP highly values the work undertaken by volunteers who are involved in several aspects of our work. We welcome the skills, abilities and qualifications volunteers bring to their role and will seek to utilise these wherever possible. In line with our mission, we seek to involve volunteers to:
- Ensure that our services meet the needs of our clients.
- Provide new skills and perspectives.
- Help Play Workers to organise activities for individual groups and children.
- Help support Play Workers to meet children’s care needs.
- Support individual children and groups to play and use the facilities safely.
- Bringing a particular skill to the organisation i.e. arts and craft, sports, dance etc.
- Provide enthusiasm and commitment to the aims of the project.
- Reflect our diverse community.
Volunteering with CASP offers:
- Valuable work experience.
- Access to a range of training opportunities.
- Reasonable travel costs and expenses paid.
- The chance to develop a career in the play setting.
- The enjoyment and satisfaction of working with a group of children and young people and supporting their progress.
- Build on your CV, experience, knowledge and understanding.
- Develop new interests: you will have an opportunity to try out something new, like fundraising or marketing. Or maybe you’ll discover a passion for issues such as childcare and safeguarding, health and safety, and food hygiene.
- Expand your network: Volunteering will help you meet new people, both friends and business contacts.
- Professional Development: You’ll need to use or improve your skills in new ways and learn new ones. Volunteers often say that they develop skills such as leadership, communication and influencing others. It can also be a good way to build up a portfolio, find a new job or enjoy your retirement.
- Start a new career: Volunteering gives you the opportunity to try out a new field, get the right experience and introduce you to relevant people.
- Feel better about yourself: Volunteering can boost your self-confidence and give you a well-deserved sense of accomplishment and empowerment.
- Reduce isolation and feel more connected: Volunteering can be a really sociable activity, helping to combat isolation, a key risk factor for depression. You will develop a solid support system which can protect you against stress during challenging times.
Please click apply download our volunteer form and return it to us by email firstname.lastname@example.org